We are a thriving IT Support business based in Shoreham by Sea, providing Managed IT Services to SME’s predominantly in the South. We are now seeking an enthusiastic IT apprentice to join our engineering team via New Horizons Level 3 IT training apprenticeship programme.
Upon completion on the year apprenticeship you will be gain a full Level 3 Apprenticeship award as well as vendor certifications from CompTIA and Microsoft, accredited by City & Guilds.
The IT programme is designed to turn problem-solvers into skilled PC engineers, network technicians and IT support gurus.
Entry criteria is 5 GCSEs (C and above) or equivalent including Maths and English. You need to be a competent driver with access to a vehicle.
We are looking for an apprentice who has a passion for IT and technology and wanting to start an IT career. You will be committed, hard working and have a strong work ethic. You will be a good communicator and have a personable and outgoing personality.
The main purpose of the apprenticeship will be to support the Engineering Team in carrying out their day to day duties and to provide 1st Line Support (progressing to 2nd line) to the clients on a daily basis. To accompany the ‘engineering team’ on site-visits and when you have gained sufficient skills, visit sites alone.
In conjunction with the remote training programme we aim to train you in the following areas:
- Answer incoming calls
- Taking down accurate information notes, including name, telephone number, company and reason for call
- Awareness of your surroundings and activities of your co workers so that you can identify team needs and actively participate/volunteer
- Raising tickets with detailed information regarding the customer query and assign to relevant engineer/person
- Taking accurate study notes that can be referred to and followed without reference to a senior if necessary
- Learn/progress to desktop setup and configuration
- Learn/progress to remote/desk side support of desktops, laptops, peripherals (including Network Printers),
- Learn/progress to network installations (TCP/IP), support and usage
- Learn/progress to software/hardware support, installation and troubleshooting
- Learn/progress to configuration of routers and access points to customer specification
- Familiarising self and learn business applications including , Windows XP / Vista / W7 / Server 2003/2008, Exchange 2003 / 2007 and Office 2003+
- Progression to analysing problems, finding solutions and implementation
- Learning how to plan workload
- Communicating with internal and external based people efficiently and effectively
- Client onsite support
- Learning about backup/restores
- Building knowledge base for Cisco routers & switches, Macs and Nagios
- Writing and recording all processes associated within the Engineering role
- To be accountable for logging, actioning and completing tasks – closing tickets
- Great communication within the team and to the clients
- To actively engage in internal and external learning and training in order to achieve and acquire skills associated with IT Support Engineer role
- To support engineering team as instructed by line manager and senior management
- Escalating issues to management as appropriate
- Undertaking other reasonable duties as instructed by senior management
If you think you have the enthusiasm and drive to join our team contact Sacha Spencer-Phillips 01273 359 133 for more details.
We’ve hired but thanks for looking
We are a thriving IT Support business providing Managed IT Services to SME’s predominantly in the South. We are now seeking a high performing sales agent to drive the next stage of our growth.
You will already have enjoyed a few years of business to business sales experience, and can demonstrate you’re a high achiever. You’re bursting with ideas, hungry for sales, love being busy, and having a high volume of deals in the pipeline. Your winning sales technique would have proven to be as successful face to face and as over the telephone.
Your key remit is to win new business from existing, lapsed and new customers in Sussex.
Contact Sacha Spencer-Phillips 01273 359 133 for more details