IT NETWORK FIELD ENGINEER
12th December 2023
Mon – Fri 9am – 5pm (when office based in Shoreham By Sea)
£26k – £28k per annum dependent on experience
We are a fast growing IT Support company, specialising in Hospitality venues, that is now seeking a IT Network Field Engineer to join our engineering team. The successful applicant will have at least 3 years network installation experience working within an IT Support role. Our offices are based in Shoreham-by-Sea, but within this role you will be mainly field placed on customer sites. As such there may be occasional overnight stays and you may be required to work outside of ‘usual’ hours.
If you would like great career prospects working in a fun, fast paced environment, and think you would be an asset to Astaris then we would love to hear from you.
● As an IT Network Field Engineer you will have extensive experience working on customer sites with at least 3+ years experience in network installation / management
● You will provide high level IT support to all of our clients.
● You will be a great communicator and have the ability to communicate on all levels, from end users to directors etc.
● You will have excellent spoken and written English.
● You will love troubleshooting and solving problems and seeing a project through from ticket creation to satisfactory completion.
● You will be used to working proactively in a fast paced, self motivating environment.
● You are a great team player with the ability to work autonomously.
● You will deliver value to the clients by helping them get the most out of their IT infrastructure.
● You are punctual with excellent time management skills
● You are highly organised
● You have good prioritising skills and ability to work under pressure
● You have an outgoing personality
● You are confident, self aware
● You are tenacious, driven
● You have great attention to detail
IN THE FIELD
As our field engineer your role is primarily field based, where you will provide effective support to Astaris customers for hardware installations, analyse network performance, network troubleshooting. This role requires a clean UK driving licence.
Reporting into the Helpdesk Manager you will responsible for:
● Strong network troubleshooting skills, perseverance and patience.
● Physical CAT5 network installation (cable runs, termination, patch panels)
● Basic network configuration and site installations
● Experience with Cisco, Meraki, Ubiquiti hardware desirable
● Hardware support, site installation and troubleshooting
● Utilise / analyse network performance monitoring tools
● Inventory management
● Plan workload, implement and execute site projects, meeting SLA’s
● Desk side / remote support of desktops, laptops, peripherals (including Network Printers)
● Answer technical questions, solve technical problems and suggest appropriate workarounds.
● Respond promptly to customer support issues while keeping detailed case notes.
● Manage customer expectations and experience to deliver high customer satisfaction and increase retention.
● Go the extra mile to follow-up with customers, ensuring issues are resolved and customers are satisfied.
● Manage escalated issues and collaborate with other internal departments to expedite resolution.
● Regularly achieve and exceed service level agreements and quality/customer satisfaction targets.
● Create, maintain and improve processes and procedures for diagnosing and resolving IT issues.
● Communicating with internal and external based people efficiently and effectively
● Excellent on time and attendance record.
● Self-motivated with the ability to dive right in, be effective and make a difference.
● Driver with access to own vehicle (although work vehicle will be provided for site visits)
Experience is network troubleshooting and terminology including LAN/WAN, Routers, Firewalls, Switches, local network, internet connections setup and troubleshooting. Networking, IT or telecommunications certification is a plus.
PERKS OF THE JOB
● No restrictions on growth
● Strong commitment to your ongoing professional development
● Modern, spacious working environment
● Monthly Fun Fridays
● Periodic Fun days out
● Birthday Bonus Day off
● Car parking
● Business mileage & expenses
● 28 days holiday per year ( includes bank holidays)
Please send your CV and covering letter about yourself to email@example.com
Interview process will be as follows:
We conduct initial telephone interviews, and if we feel that your experience and personality would be a good fit for the team, we would invite you along for a face to face interview where we ask you to conduct a short presentation about your personal self.
At Astaris personality is every bit as important as experience so we want to give you the opportunity to let your personality shine. You might want to talk about interesting hobbies or travel you have done or family and friends. There are no right or wrong answers, just be yourself.
Applications are now open, so please do register your interest. The interview process will commence week beginning 8/1/24 with a view to the successful applicant starting with us around February 2024, if not sooner. We really look forward to hearing from you.