Astaris is now a part of the Cyber Essentials Scheme, This is a government-backed scheme that shows an organisation complies with a minimum level of protection in cyber security through annual assessments to maintain this certification.
What is the scheme… And what are the requirements?
In general, the Cyber Essentials scheme focuses on helping organisations implement basic cybersecurity controls to safeguard against common cyber threats, such as malware infections and phishing attacks. They include;
- Firewalls: Ensuring that firewalls are in place to protect your network and systems from unauthorized access.
- Secure Configuration: Properly configuring software and systems to reduce vulnerabilities.
- User Access Control: Managing user accounts and access privileges to restrict access only to authorized individuals.
- Malware Protection: Implementing antivirus and anti-malware solutions to prevent and detect malicious software.
- Patch Management: Keeping software and systems up-to-date with security patches and updates.
- Boundary Defense: Setting up measures to protect against external threats, such as intrusion detection and prevention systems.
- Secure Internet Connection: Ensuring that internet connections are secure and protected.
- Secure Devices and Software: Managing the security of devices and software used within the organization.
- Incident Response: Having a plan in place to respond to cybersecurity incidents effectively.
- Data Protection: Protecting sensitive data and ensuring data privacy.
Astaris & our security measures
Here at Astaris, we have many security measures in place to protect our customer’s IT networks;
- Data backup – If in the worst-case scenario, your data is lost or compromised (even accidentally deleted by an internal employee) this data is fully recoverable. This protects you against ransomware fines also, there is no need when your data is fully recoverable.
- Content filtration – One of the easiest mistakes to make is clicking on malicious content, through websites, email, etc… our content filtration software protects against harmful links, images, and files stopping you from being at risk of ransomware and malware attacks.
- Employee training – we are partners with Knowbe4, a cyber security training company that provides courses that teach and educate on the risks that we face on a daily basis to help prevent us from clicking on malicious content and what to look out for to prevent ransomware attacks
- Umbrella software – Protect computers and machines from nasty, infectious websites – It’s very easy for a user to go onto a site, download something that looks legit, but isn’t. Or put in their details or password into a fake site. Our internet security software cuts those risks by orders of magnitude. It can also be used to prevent time wasting and inappropriate WiFi browsing on work devices, for example, blocking adult content and things like online gaming and gambling. This prevents your employees from accessing potentially harmful websites.
Astaris prides itself on only using the best equipment and the best software, and achieving compliance with this scheme shows our dedication to providing the best IT support and security across all IT services.