Full Time – Mon – Frid 9am – 5pm
We are a fast growing IT Support company, specialising in Hospitality venues, that is now seeking a 1st / 2nd line Support Engineer to join our engineering team. The successful applicant will have at least 2 years networking experience working within an IT Support role. Our offices are based in Shoreham-by-Sea, but within this role you would be required to conduct site visits, which may sometimes require an overnight stay and be outside of ‘usual’ hours.
If you would like great career prospects working in a fun, fast paced environment, and think you would be an asset to Astaris then we would love to hear from you.
- As a Level 1/2 IT Support engineer you will have 2+ years experience in a desktop / network support role, ideally in a managed IT services business.
- You will provide high level IT support to all of our clients.
- You will be a great communicator and have the ability to communicate on all levels, from end users to directors etc.
- You will have excellent spoken and written English.
- You will love troubleshooting and solving problems and seeing a project through from ticket creation to satisfactory completion.
- You will be used to working proactively in a fast paced, self motivating environment.
- You are a great team player with the ability to work autonomously.
- You will deliver value to the clients by helping them get the most out of their IT infrastructure.
- You are punctual with excellent time management skills
- You are highly organised
- You have good prioritising skills and ability to work under pressure
- You have an outgoing personality
- You are confident, self aware
- You are tenacious, driven
- You have great attention to detail
- Strong network troubleshooting skills, perseverance and patience.
- Network configuration and site installations (TCP/IP)
- Software/hardware support, site installation and troubleshooting
- Utilize / analyse network performance monitoring tools.
- Client onsite support
- Configuration of Cisco Meraki routers & switches
- Configuring, updating and supporting VOIP solutions
- Provide first and second level support to all Astaris customers.
- Remote/desk side support of desktops, laptops, peripherals (including Network Printers),
- Configure routers and access points to customer specification
- Support of numerous business applications including , Windows 10 / Server 2016 & later, O365 and Google Workspace
- Planning workload to meet SLAs.
- Answer difficult technical questions, solve technical problems and suggest appropriate workarounds.
- Respond promptly to customer support issues while keeping detailed case notes.
- Manage customer expectations and experience to deliver high customer satisfaction and increase retention.
- Go the extra mile to follow-up with customers, ensuring issues are resolved and customers are satisfied.
- Manage escalated issues and collaborate with other internal departments to expedite resolution.
- Regularly achieve and exceed service level agreements and quality/customer satisfaction targets.
- Create, maintain and improve processes and procedures for diagnosing and resolving IT issues.
- Communicating with internal and external based people efficiently and effectively
- Excellent on time and attendance record.
- Self-motivated with the ability to dive right in, be effective and make a difference.
- Driver with access to own vehicle
- Experience is advanced network troubleshooting and terminology including LAN/WAN, Routers, Firewalls, Switches, VoIP deployment, TCP/IP (IPv4), DNS, xDSL setup and troubleshooting.
- Networking, IT or telecommunications certification is a plus – Cisco CCNA / Draytek DCNA or equivalent is desirable. Experience with WLR3 would also be helpful.
- Experience configuring, updating and supporting cloud hosted VOIP solutions in a multi-location environment.
- Microsoft – Server 2016+ (AD,DNS,DHCP,Group Policies), Windows 10, O365.
- Cloud: desirable: MimeCast, Google Workspace
- Cisco Meraki – Switches, Routers
PERKS OF THE JOB
- Competitve salary
- No restrictions on growth
- Strong commitment to your ongoing professional development
- Modern, spacious working environment
- Monthly Fun Fridays
- Periodic Fun days out
- Birthday Bonus Day off
- Car parking
- Business mileage & expenses
- 28 days holiday per year ( includes bank holidays)
- Breakfast supplied