Switching To VoIP Phones…?
15th March 2023
There are so many options when it comes to choosing the right telephone system for your business, with so many different systems available on the market we are here to break down arguably one of the best systems out there… VoIP. There are so many reasons from practicality to being fit for the future!
What is VoIP (Voice over internet protocol)?
Voice over internet protocol means a phone system that runs over the internet rather than over old-fashioned copper telephone lines. The phones connect to your internet and the calls are made this way.
Your voice is turned into a digital signal that then runs over the internet connection and is received on the other end. Having the internet aspect is what makes this phone system so modern and high-spec, it offers a future-proof solution to traditional telephones (that won’t be around much longer, and we will explain more on why that is further down).
They look and work like every other telephone system and have all the features a business needs.
What are the features?
VoIP phones have all the features of any other phone system that a business would need, and having it supplied and supported by a professional IT support provider gives you so many added advantages.
Here are some of the features:
- Free unlimited calls to UK landlines and mobiles – just like every phone system you can expect free unlimited calls. This gives you reassurance knowing your business’ phone expenses will be a fixed fee every month with no surprise charges.
- IVR – an essential for any business (press 1 for, 2 for…) allowing your customers to navigate your phone system easily and contact the department they need (voice recordings can also be done by our team to ensure they sound professional).
- Out-of-hours service – all the features your business needs, even when you’re not there.
- The ability for employees to work flexibly – VoIP phone systems can be set up on mobile devices, without taking the physical handset with you. As we are seeing a hybrid/remote working style become increasingly popular, this is a great opportunity to add flexibility to your IT network.
- Call queuing, music on hold, call transfer, etc… – are all the features you would expect from a sophisticated phone system.
- Unlimited remote IT helpdesk support – when choosing to go through an IT support service provider, you get the added benefit of support for your phones when you need them. Astaris provide all the support you need from purchasing, set-up, and installation all the way through to maintenance.
How can I get VoIP?
VoIP is an easy transition to make, once set up it offers flexibility and scalability and is easily adaptable to your business needs. There are a few things to think about before deciding to upgrade…
The main thing you need to consider is your WiFi connection, VoIP (voice over internet protocol) not surprisingly relies heavily on your WiFi and internet connection. For it to work efficiently your WiFi signal needs to be strong and reliable. Your WiFi and internet connections are an important aspect of having a strong connection for every other system and software that runs on it, so investing in your WiFi will have a positive impact on the rest of your business.
Going through an IT support provider makes the process of switching to VoIP a lot easier. Ordering and purchasing can be done on your behalf as well as setting up the handsets in our office, this means they will be ready to go when they arrive to you.
Why is investing in VoIP now a good idea?
There has never been a better time to invest in VoIP phones, old-fashioned copper landlines have existed for over 100 years, and not that they haven’t been replaced and re-modified since then, but most haven’t been replaced in quite some time. This makes them unreliable and is why your phone connection is often poor.
Copper landlines are being fully phased out by 2025, making now the perfect time to switch to VoIP. Not only are they fit for future use and will last your business years to come, but they also are much more cost effective than traditional landline phone systems. They also offer cheaper solutions for international calls as they are charged at the local rate of the location.
With all the added cost and functional benefits of switching to VoIP, along with migrating your phone system being easy, there really is no better time than now to upgrade.
If you’d like to know more, please visit our website.